Friday, April 4, 2008

Wow, what a week in ESL land. I taught a computer class last night, and my students loved it. However, one of my students did not speak any English, and he had a difficult time trying to stay connected. I spent a lot of one on one, but he didn't seem too receptive to help. However, at the end of class, he was all smiles.
Thursday morning's class was an eye opener too...a student was applying for a job but had some difficulties filling out the application. It was her first day in class and brought her job application with her. I hope she comes back to class............
My mileage has been down for awhile, with work overload and weather difficulties (rained almost all week)..I haven't been able to run. I have a 1/2 marathon to run next weekend, and I am not ready to run it. I have to make some decisions. I don't want to get hurt trying to run the race or bomb out. I'll try to run a long run tomorrow and see how I feel.
I'm really tired this week; it has been tough. I'm glad it's the weekend.
tommiann

No comments: