Saturday, April 5, 2008

Ran trails today; it was wonderful! It rained most of the time, but it was very warm. I took Tucker with me; he loved jumping in the lake. The trails were muddy and slick, but it wasn't too bad. I hope I can go back tomorrow and run it again, if the weather cooperates. I don't want to run in wet and cold weather. I like to run, but I'm not going to kill myself:).

I didn't get selected for the Nike Women's marthon..I was really disappointed; it my dream to run in this marathon. The irony of all of this is, I had my mother sign up for it and a friend at work (she's not a runner). It would give her something to strive for..they both got selected and I didn't. It actually depressed me, I'm still depressed thinking about it. It truly wanted to run in this marathon. It would have given me the chance to fly home and run a marthon with my mom again. I've got to stop thinking about it because it's really upsetting me. Now my friend doesn't want to run the Nike marathon because I'm not..which upsets me even more because I really want to run it! Oh well, if there were 20 people in a room and 19 are selected for a prize, I wouldn't be one of them. I have bad luck; I just don't ever get picked or win anything. See, I need to stop OBSESSING about it!
tommiann

No comments: