Friday, April 25, 2008

I attended a U.S. CIS (citizenship and immigration services) seminar today. The information was really good. They are changing the citizenship test as of October 1, 2008. I think it will be for the better. Right now, a computer generates questions for the potential citizens to answer (orally) instead of standardized questions.....amazing that anyone could pass. The pass rate was 84% and with the new test..it's in the low 90's. The new test isn't easier, just standardized. I wonder how many U.S. citizens could pass it? I have taught citizenship classes for several years now and wondered about the new exam. I feel more comfortable with it, but the students will have to study more. The new standardized exam will keep the examiners from being gatekeepers. The CIS officials were really nice and accomodating in answering questions.

Again, I wasn't able to run today. I need to....time has slipped away. I hope this weekend I will be able to run.
I've been working really hard to build my ESL classes and at the same time, I've been working on my daughter's graduation. My family are flying in from Sacramento CA and my guest bedroom needs some work. My friends and I went shopping tonight to try and find a comfortor that would "best fit" the colors. I painted the guest bedroom an orange, not neon, more of a earthy orange. The color is beautiful but to find a comfortor that's not wild and compliments orange,...is quite difficult! My friends helped me tonight, but we did not have any success. I guess that what I get for painting "out of the box" :)
tommiann

No comments: