Monday, October 27, 2008

Work day

http://vimeo.com/2008414
I'm not sure if this will work or not..but this video is about work..how much time we spend at work..and does it matter or not..does it?
Lately, I think what I do doesn't matter...politics, work politics,economy, and so forth..seem to interfere with what I want to do..teach ESL to adults.
I told my husband that I just want to teach..that's all. I think all I do now is shuffle paperwork, same ole story, same ole song, same chapter,same scratched record.
I know I make a difference in people's lives...it is the nature of my work. But, work politics is not helping any..what I mean is..I believe our new dean is not for our students..he doesn't know what he is doing,and thinks he does. He doesn't listen to the people in the trenches..he's listening to people who aren't in the trenches..sounds like our political climate, doesn't it?
I'm tired...I'm tired of not having "upper" administration not caring or supporting what we do. How long will our program continue if the upper admin. in our college doesn't see the good of people getting their GED's? Sounds too simple, but it's the truth.
tommiann

No comments: