Friday, March 28, 2008

Just finished running a 6 mile trail run; it's beautiful outside. It was a nice ending to a long work day. My lab loved it; he kept running into the lake.

I am looking for grant money because my ESL program needs software. I have no monies in my budget to purchase software. I'm looking at Reading Horizons which teaches literacy to adults. I put in an interest letter to a local agency; hopefully, they will send me an application so I can apply for the money. They won't make a decision until this fall.
I have a strong curriculum program, but my software is not as good. I have Rosetta Stone which is ok, but it builds too quickly on reading skills. I needs something that builds more slowly, and adults learn contextually...so the software has to have that component in order for it to be effective.

No comments: