Sunday, March 30, 2008

I didn't run again today...I should, but it's still really cold. Normally I don't mind, but the weather was sooo incredibly nice this past week that I got spoiled!

Tomorrow I will bring laptops to my ESL morning class and hopefully word will get out and more interest will be generated. My ESL program was quite large and because of the new immigration laws/scare, students are afraid.
I love teaching ESL to adults; it's my passion. I learn more from my students than what I can teach them. I also teach GED to the Spanish speakers; this is also my passion. Since I went full time this past July, I do not teach GED anymore, only to the Spanish speakers. I absolutely love teaching all subjects, especially math. I love the "aha" moment....since my program is in trouble, I worry that I will not be able to teach my passion. I wish there was an easy answer to all of this, but there isn't. I know all across the state, the ESL program has decreased dramatically in students.
I hope that this trend reverses.
tommiann

No comments: