Sunday, June 1, 2008

Getting closer

I'm not sure how I'm going to get through the next 2 weeks. I can't explain in words what this means to me..unless you have witnessed this miracle. Andee is graduating! We went to her Baacaulariette (spelling?) today. I kept choking up... and in my mind, I went down memory lane. Who would have thought this wonderful child would overcome huge obstacles to receive her diploma? Remember when the school wanted to "fail" her again in the 5th grade? I said, "over my dead body".....keeping her back would not "fix" her. She was performing above her ability..what more could anyone ask of her?
Andee is a hero and she isn't aware of it. Everyone who meets her keeps telling me she is a very special young lady. I smile, and say...I know,thank you. I know every mom thinks their child is special, but Andee truly is. She has overcame obstacles, and challenges to reach her goal. I wish I had just 1 tsp. of her will and determination.
Tommiann

No comments: